Press Release - Chamber Seeks Award Nominations
There is no shortage of hard working volunteers in Lake Havasu City and the Lake Havasu Area Chamber of Commerce believes strongly in rewarding their efforts. Nominations are currently being accepted for the nine different awards to be presented at the Chamber’s Celebration of Business and Annual Meeting on Friday, June 15.
The nomination deadline is Wednesday, June 6, 2012.
The awards celebration will be held at Shugrue’s Bridgeview Room beginning at 6 p.m. The event is open to the public. Tickets are $40 for general admission in advance; $30 for Chamber members in advance. Reservations may be made by contacting the Chamber at 928-855-4115 or via email to email@example.com.
The awards are:
1. Chamber Ambassador of the Year – selected by the Chamber’s Ambassadors
2. Chamber Volunteer of the Year – A Chamber member who has provided exemplary volunteer service to the Chamber over the past year
3. Citizen of the Year – An individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the community in service and/or leadership, need not be a Chamber member – serves as Grand Marshall in the annual London Bridge Days Parade
4. Havasu Booster – A community volunteer, organization or business who has boosted business through morale and community development over the past 12 months, need not be a Chamber member
5. Whelan Leadership Award – A graduate of Havasu Leadership Development who has successfully utilized the training and skills learned in the program to make a difference
6. Outstanding Young Professional – An individual who is an emerging leader in their profession serving as a role model for other young professionals, need not be a Chamber member
7. Youth Leader of the Year – An outstanding student at a local high school, college or vocational training center between 16-21 who is a role model for other students and shows integrity and good judgment
8. Community Development and Improvement – Recognition of the development or improvement of real property in Lake Havasu City, must be a Chamber member
9. Chamber Business of the Year – A Chamber member business that has made outstanding contributions to the growth and stability of the Chamber of Commerce over the past year
Nomination forms and additional information are available by calling the Chamber at 928-855-4115 or at www.havasuchamber.com.