Press Release-Annual Chamber dinner, awards gala mirrors our way of life in LHC
An outdoors Annual Meeting & Celebration of Business?
What could be more appropriate in our year-round recreation home than the Lake Havasu Area Chamber of Commerce annual dinner and awards event at London Bridge Beach on Friday, June 10? It starts at 6:30 p.m. Dress is casual – men won’t have to dig out a tie from somewhere in the back of the closet.
The awards will be presented from the Chamber of Commerce Community Stage, with guests enjoying a barbecue dinner on the grassy area if front of the stage. This is also the official Annual Meeting of the Organization, and new leaders and board members are officially welcomed at the meeting.
This is the first outdoor event in the 38-year history of the awards dinner, and it also closes the 40th anniversary of the Chamber’s founding.
A dinner of pulled pork, sweet potato pie and all the accompaniments prepared by The Springs Restaurant from Havasu Springs Resort will be served. Tickets are $25 per person and included are two drinks for each ticket. Avoid the babysitter costs and bring the kids to eat and play in park and beach, and tickets are $10 for children age 12 and under.
Reservations must be made in advance – there will be no ticket sales at the event. They may be made by calling the Chamber at 855-4155; e-mailing Kathy Tippett at email@example.com; or by filling out the online form at www.havasuchamber.com. RSVP by June 8.
Says Lisa Krueger, President and CEO, about the outdoor site, “We’re a pro-business organization, and we live in a community that enjoys recreation. We recognize that – it’s just another day in paradise.” The meeting will celebrate what the organization has accomplished in the face of economic challenges in recent years. After a couple of years of membership losses, “we’ve seen an upswing in membership retention,” says Lisa. “We have a reason to celebrate."
NEW BOARD MEMBERS, TERMS
To be introduced at the dinner will be board members starting new terms. They include Nancy Darrow, Sterilite Corporation and incoming chair; Allan Atwell, Campbell Redi-Mix; Donna Imhausen, Pioneer Title; Scott Stroup, Accurate Measures; Amy Buttke, Huntington Learning Center; and Andy Campbell, NSC CPAs. Re-elected was Tom Otero, Mohave Electric and chairman-elect for the following year. Eileen Nexsen will serve as immediate past chair. Rose Marie Eaton of National Bank of Arizona continues as treasurer, and at-large executive board member is Brian Riley, Mohave State Bank.
Seven awards will be presented as part of the Celebration ceremonies. Last year’s winners will present them.
• Community Development & Improvement: Recognition of improvement of real property in Lake Havasu City. Presenting will be Jim Salscheider of the Lake Havasu Marine Association.
• Chamber Volunteer of the Year: Linda Riesdorph will present the award to the Chamber member in good standing who has provided exemplary volunteer service to the Chamber of the past year.
• Citizen of the Year: This goes to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the community in service and/or leadership. The individual will serve as grand marshal in the London Bridge Days Parade, and the person does not need to be a Chamber member. Dennis Schilling will present the award.
• Chamber Business of the Year: To a Chamber member in good standing who has made an outstanding contribution to the growth and stability of the Chamber during the past 12 months. Nello Ruscitti of Frontier Communications will make the presentation.
• Havasu Booster: A community volunteer, organization or business that has boosted business, morale and community development during the past 12 months. Need not be a Chamber member. This award as been revived for this year.
• Whelan Leadership Award: A graduate of the Havasu Leadership Development Program (any year) who has successfully utilized the training and skills learned to make a difference with their employer, organization, or within the community, to be presented by Nancy Darrow.
• Ambassador of the Year: Rick Broker of Horizon Community Bank will make the presentation.